Thursday, January 31, 2013

I'm a blockhead.

An art block head. So I'm obsessed with making these cute little art, wood blocks. I like this medium because they can be the vehicle for me to experiment with a lot of different types of artwork: paint, illustration, photography, collage, hand lettering etc.

Yesterday  I was soooo excited to get started that I immediately went to the art store after my great idea and purchased 12 5 x 5 blank wood blocks along with a giant jar of Gesso. Immediately after after exiting the art supply store, the jar of gesso fell jumped out of my bag and onto the sidewalk and continued to roll down the hill with me chasing after it, dripping gesso for about 16 feet. Oops. (My apologies to any pedestrians that may have stepped in that. )

So I'm a little  okay a lot messy, lets get to the point already, my new goal is to do an art block a day for the month of February. The content of the blocks will based on my daily intent or focus. Believe it or not I can be a bit scattered, (insert sarcastic voice here) and another goal of mine is to focus my energy and time better, so I figured why not combine the two goals into one, hence my new goal: 28 art blocks in 28 days.

Below are some examples of custom art blocks I did for a co-worker of mine (with some fancy Instagram filters on them):








4 comments:

  1. Yay! Looking forward to seeing all of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so inspiring, Kellie. Love this!

    ReplyDelete